“Providing evidence based swallowing diagnostics and solutions to your door in the Lakeshore Community”
What we offer:
Our licensed speech language pathologists will travel to SNFs and complete instrumental swallowing evaluation on the residents of your facility. They will perform a FEES - Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing. Your facility and staff will be provided with day-of recommendations for appropriate diet level and swallowing strategies. We aim to eliminate the barriers to diagnostic dysphagia testing.
How does this help you and your SNF residents?
● This is a cost effective and evidence-based solution to finding the appropriate diet for the residents of your facility.
● Your resident will be able to have a swallow study without having to undergo transportation to the hospital.
● Any care providers, therapists, or family members can be present for the exam as allowed by the facility.
● Your resident can have a swallow study that includes their favorite foods in a familiar environment.
● This test will help to prevent residents undergoing unnecessary diet downgrades, and in turn help to avoid the possible health and wellness decline that can be associated with diet downgrades.
Evidence shows up to 70% over diagnosis of swallowing disorders with a bedside swallow evaluation, meaning so many residents are placed on diets that are unnecessarily restrictive! Swallow imaging will accurately determine the appropriate diet level which will improve the life of the resident, as well as save time and money for the facility that would be spent on preparing altered diets.
FEES testing is provided at about 1/3rd the total cost of VFSS/MBS testing at a hospital and can be done at your facility. This means valuable input from staff and therapy team during the evaluation, minimal to no impact of rehab productivity, and no uncomfortable transportation for the resident.
FEES and VFSS/MBS are BOTH the GOLD STANDARD for swallowing evaluation. Recent research has shown that FEES and MBSS have a 97-100% inter-rater reliability, but FEES has been shown to be higher in specificity and severity in identifying penetration, aspiration, residue, and spillage. We would love to be able to provide you and your facility more detailed information about the services we provide and benefits that they can have for both the facility and the resident. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 231-777-2625 ext 113
Met Our FEES Provider: