We are happy to report that we can safely offer the following plans to phase in more office visits:
There will be a staff member screening people as they enter the lobby. The screener will assess patients and visitors for symptoms concerning for COVID19:
- Painful pressure around lymph nodes
- shortness of breath
- cold/flu symptoms
- red eyes
- loss of smell/taste
- body aches
. All patients must bring and wear a mask the entire time they are in the office. Cloth or other home-made masks are acceptable. We have a very limited supply and cannot provide masks. Any patient who arrives without a mask will be turned away and rescheduled to a later appointment.
2. Schedules are being modified to limit contact between individuals (fewer appointments)\
3. Only the patient is allowed in the office. For children and adult patients who require a caretaker, one adult may accompany the patient.
4. Doctors and staff will wear masks during all patient encounters.
5. We are performing diligent hand washing and cleaning precautions.
6. Telemedicine appointments will still be available for higher risk patients and for routine follow-up issues (like test results, etc.)
Keep in mind that West Shore E.N.T. & Allergy is not an appropriate place of care for patients who need evaluation and testing for COVID19. If you want to be tested or are concerned about currently having COVID19, we recommend calling your primary care physician’s office. Our office may be able to help direct you in more detail if you call our office. Please do not come to our office if you think you have COVID19.
We are continuing to monitor the situation as it changes. We will modify our policies as appropriate in order to provide the best balance of care and safety.